Sports and Exercise Physicians
Dr Grace Bryant OAM
MBBS Grad Dip Sports Sc, FASMF, FACSP
Sports & Exercise physician
Is a foundation member of the Australasian College of Sport and Exercise Medicine and one of the Inaugural Fellows of the College. Grace is also a Fellow of the Australian Sports Medicine Federation.
Grace is a consulting Sports Physician at Kensington and a Director of Sports Medicine at Sydney University on Main Campus.
She was inducted as a General Member into the Australian Hall of Fame in 2017 for her contribution to Sports Medicine.
• Chief Medical Officer for the Australian Commonwealth Games Team Gold Coast 2018 and Glasgow 2014
• A service provider for NSW Institute of Sport
• A regional doctor for the Australian Institute of Sport
• A member of the Australian Sports Drug Medical Advisory Committee
• Medical Officer for NSW Swifts Netball Team
• Medical Consultant for Bangarra Dance Company
• Medical Consultant to Australian & Cronulla Water Polo
• Medical Consultant to the Northern Cooperative Meat Company
She has previously served as:
• Medical officer for Australian Olympic Team in Atlanta, Sydney, Beijing and London.
• Medical officer for Australian Commonwealth Games Kuala Lumpur, Manchester, Melbourne and Delhi. She was also Deputy Chief Medical Officer at the Melbourne and Delhi games.
• Chief Medical Officer Australian Water Polo, Netball Australia.
• Team physician Newtown and Canterbury-Bankstown Rugby League and Sydney Swans.
• Touring Medical Officer with Hockeyroos.
• President of the NSW Branch of Sports Medicine Australia.
• Secretary of the Australasian College of Sports and Exercise Medicine.
• Senior Lecturer Sydney University, School of Exercise and Sport Science.
• Fellow of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine (UK).
• Served on the Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service.
Dr Grace Bryant has been recognised for her long association with elite sports as both a physician and as an athlete. She was awarded:
• University Blues for outstanding sporting achievement in Netball and Water Polo.
• The Australian Sports Medal in 2000 for services to sport.
• The Medal of the Order of Australia for services to sports medicine in 2008.
• The Australian Sports Commission Sports Award for services to Women’s sports in 2004.
• She was inducted into the Australian Netball Hall of Fame in 2012.
• Life Service Membership with Netball Australia.
• Life Member of Cronulla Water Polo.
• Life Member NSW Netball.
• Musculo-skeletal injuries to shoulder, groin, shoulder and lower limb.
• Women in sport.
• Education and consultation on drugs in sport issues.